Can a new device created by our friends at ChefSteps really turn you into an instant sous vide pro? That was the big question this week here at Food Republic.
We did, however, answer a bevy of other food-related queries, such as just how many different types of sea urchin are served at restaurants in the U.S. and what exactly mahia is. Hint: It’s a liquor that you have never heard of — imagine that! Our travels took us south to San Antonio, Texas, where we hit up some impressive new spots, and Portland, Oregon, where we spoke with a culinary power couple that has played a vital role in turning the city into a gastronomic destination. Want sexy recipes? We got ’em. All that and more on this week’s Hot Topics on Food Republic.
- These are the six must-hit restaurants in San Antonio, Texas.
- Here is the foolproof way to make pulled-pork shoulder.
- Real estate developers are betting on restaurants to create community.
- What are the different types of sea urchin? We investigate.
- Can this device really turn home cooks into sous vide pros?
- What is mahia? Could there actually be a liquor you haven’t heard of?
- A culinary power couple has helped turn Portland, Oregon, into a culinary destination.
- Plain and simple: Here are 12 of our sexiest-looking recipes of all time.
- We’ve got tips on pairing wine with your clambake this summer.
- Learn how to make coconut rice with salmon and cilantro sauce.