Skirt steak, my favorite beef for quick grilling, benefits from rubs and marinades. My Meat Seasoning is excellent here. The skirt is cut from under the breast of the steer and rarely is thicker than 3/4 inch, which makes for quick cooking. When you buy skirt steak, ask for the outside cut, which is a little more tender than the inside cut (although they both are terrific).
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup Meat Seasoning*
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 2 pounds skirt steak, trimmed
- In a small bowl, mix together the oil, seasoning, garlic, and lemon juice. Rub the mixture on both sides of the meat, making sure to work it into the meat. Let the meat marinate at room temperature for at least 30 minutes but no longer than 45 minutes (if the day is very hot, don’t leave the meat out for longer than 30 minutes).
- Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal or gas grill and oil the grill grates.
- Grill the steak for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until done to the degree of doneness you prefer. Let the skirt steaks rest for 5 minutes before slicing to serve.