Be sure to subscribe to Food Republic Today on Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. And please rate the podcast and leave comments!
Stephanie Izard is a James Beard Award winner, an Iron Chef and a hardcore Cubs fan. While on her book tour promoting her new cookbook, Gather & Graze, Izard stopped by our studios to chat about the community-focused theme of the book, how her Chicago restaurants—Girl and the Goat and Duck Duck Goat—have changed over the years and what it’s like to throw out the first pitch at Wrigley Field. We wrap up with comedian Lily Du on when and when not to pack up your leftovers. But first, the news:
- Over 200 million eggs were recalled due to a salmonella outbreak.
- Jamie Oliver has #AdEnough. He wants to limit the amount of junk food commercials aired.
- Sota Atsumi of Paris’ Clown Bar is starting his Chef’s Club residency in New York next week. He’s just one example of all the exciting dining news that’s happening in NYC.
- The CEO of Starbucks issued an apology to the two black men who were arrested at a Philadelphia store.
- A new study suggests that drinking alcohol can actually be very detrimental to your health.
- Listen To Food Republic Today: JJ Johnson
- Legendary Irish Chef Darina Allen Talks Cooking And Gardening On Food Republic Today
- Meet The Queens Of King, NYC’s Elegant Corner Restaurant: New Chefs Rising, Episode 13
Food Republic Today is hosted by our Editorial Director, Richard Martin, with co-host Krista Ruane, Zero Point Zero culinary creative director, and produced by Zero Point Zero Production. Our producer is Katie Guhl with assistance from Tiffany Do. The episode features music by Ghostly International artists including Michna, whose “Metal Baile Joint” is the theme song.