Happy National Popcorn Day! Find out which movie theater in Brooklyn is celebrating with a fancy bowl. Heading out to the Women’s March tomorrow? There’s a bar is hosting a charity happy hour! Looking to celebrate the Grammy’s return to New York City? Chef JJ Johnson knows exactly the place. All that and more in this week’s slew of events.
- To celebrate today’s food holiday, Brooklyn dine-in theater Nitehawk Cinema is bringing back The Vince popcorn: truffle butter, Sriracha, chipotle, lime and citric salt. The theater is also dishing out Pizza Popcorn that’s topped with pepperoni, oregano, Parmesan and truffle butter.
- After Saturday’s Women’s March in New York, bar and bakery Butter & Scotch is hosting a Happy Ending Happy Hour to benefit The Sex Workers Project. The bartenders of Butter & Scotch will be serving a special cocktail from which $1 will be donated to the organization. A dollar from every regular cocktail will be donated to Planned Parenthood.
- Cochon555 returns to New York on Sunday, January 21 at Pig Apple. Competing chefs will whip up their best dishes featuring heritage pig in the name of educating guests about these pigs. The competition lineup includes Marc Murphy, Bryan Hunt, Jonathan Waxman, Matt Abdoo, Fabian Gallardo and more. Judges include Erika Nakamura and Jocelyn Guest, Brad Farmerie, Matthew O’Neill and others. Tickets and more information available here. Proceeds from the event will benefit Piggy Bank, a heritage pig farm currently in the making.
- The 2018 Grammy’s are back in New York for the first time in 14 years and chef JJ Johnson is celebrating all next week at Spring Place. Make a reservation by emailing RSVP@springplace.com for January 23 through 26 for cocktails, food and Johnson’s specially curated playlist.
- Yaso Tangbao is opening its first Manhattan location (220 E 42nd St.) on Wednesday, January 24. In honor of the opening, 100 free soup dumplings will be offered for the first 100 customers started at 11 a.m.