Let's be honest: real eggnog is like batter. Ick. But if you must indulge, do it properly. This recipe from Eryn Reece of Mayahuel in New York has all the cream, eggs and booze to help you earn those extra pounds this holiday season.
- 1 ounce Zacapa rum
- 1 ounce cognac
- 1/2 ounce sugar cane syrup
- 3/4 ounce heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon all spice dram
- Combine all the ingredients in a shaker, and dry shake to emulsify.
- Add ice, and shake again hard.
- Strain over a rocks glass with ice.
- Garnish with a dusting of nutmeg.