We're still using Tim Love's genius trick to keeping grilled burgers moist and juicy. We might use it all summer. But every great grill-out needs an arsenal of side dishes, and Love's Texas-style potato salad is just that. Remember, food folks: mayonnaise is your friend. As are spicy chopped pickled jalapeños, plenty of tangy whole-grain mustard and toasted pumpkin seeds for crunch.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise made with olive oil
- 1/2 cup pickled jalapeños, diced
- 1/2 cup sweet pickles, diced
- 1/4 cup whole-grain mustard
- 1/2 cup fresh chives
- 4 baked potatoes, warm
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds), toasted
- Mix mayonnaise with olive oil, jalapeños, sweet pickles, mustard and chives in a large bowl.
- Burst the potatoes and crumble apart.
- Add them to the mayonnaise mixture.
- Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Top with the toasted pepitas and serve.
Find more potato salad recipes on Food Republic: