Keep it simple with Good Housekeeping’s Healthy Smoothies, a new collection of nutritious, easy-to-make drinks packed with fruits, veggies and herbs and guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Carrots get a tropical makeover in these luscious smoothies with coconut milk, ginger and pineapple.
Tip: If you can’t find fresh carrot juice at the supermarket, substitute with unsweetened pineapple juice.
- 1 cup unsweetened light coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 5 cups freshly grated peeled carrot
- 2 cups carrot juice
- 1 1-inch piece peeled fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- grated carrot, for garnish
For the smoothie
In blender, combine coconut milk, pineapple, carrot, carrot juice, ginger, and agave and blend until mixture is smooth and frothy.
Pour into 2 tall glasses and garnish with grated carrot.