There’s no school lunch revival more nostalgic than the Sloppy Joe sandwich. You can do a lot with basic pantry ingredients and a pound of ground beef, but few recipes are easier than this. The classic is (barely) contained in a burger bun, but feel free to experiment with various rolls and other types of bread.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground, cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 Hamburger buns
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, combine ground beef, onion, and bell pepper.
- When beef is cooked through, drain off excess fat and stir in sugar, vinegar, ketchup, and mustard.
- Season with cumin and salt and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Divide among hamburger buns and serve.