A good tomato needs nothing more than a pinch of sea salt and a drizzle of olive oil to shine. This minimalist tomato salad requires nothing more than olive oil, salt, purple basil and a handful of micro greens. Use colorful heirloom tomatoes to create contrast on the plate and enjoy this dish for lunch or dinner as an end-of-summer treat.
- 2 pounds assorted heirloom tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon purple basil, chiffonaded (thinly sliced)
- 1 handful micro greens or pea shoots
- sea salt
- olive oil
- Slice the tomatoes into 1/4-inch slices. Arrange on a plate.
- Sprinkle basil on top of the tomatoes, then top with the microgreens.
- Drizzle with olive oil and finish with sea salt to taste.
More simple summer tomato recipes on Food Republic:
This post is brought to you by our friends at Pure Leaf