When you feel like you should eat a salad but don’t necessarily want to, turn to the signature lunch of southern France that is salade niçoise. Packed with healthy protein from canned or seared tuna and hard-boiled eggs (which are so simple to knock off with our easy technique) and chock full of tasty veggies, this salad is sure to leave you satisfied.
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 cups mixed greens, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup green beans, fresh, cooked
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cucumber seeded and chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted
- 1 cup boiled potatoes, sliced
- 1 can solid white Albacore tuna, drained
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced into quarters
- 4 anchovy filets
- 2 tablespoons capers
- In a small bowl, whisk mustard, olive oil and vinegar until smooth. Set aside.
- Heap the greens on a serving plate, then arrange green beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, olives and potatoes individually around the outside.
- Add tuna on top.
- Place hard-boiled egg quarters and anchovies on either side and sprinkle salad with capers
- Drizzle mustard dressing over salad and serve immediately.