Raw kale can be touch and go for those of you who don’t really like the slightly bitter and pungent taste of dark greens. With a little bit of help — in this case from the mighty avocado — you can transform kale into a delicious and quick salad, perfect for any meal.
- 1 1/2 avocados , pit removed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces kale
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- Remove avocado from shell with a spoon and combine in large bowl with chopped garlic, lemon juice, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Mix well, being sure to leave some larger chunks of avocado in the mixture. Add fresh kale.
- Toss until all leaves are coated evenly with the avocado dressing.
- Add chopped onions and red bell peppers. Toss to combine and serve chilled.