This chive butter recipe is quick and easy and works as a spread for bagels or a sauce for steak.
Chives have plenty of other uses, but here, the delicate touch of onion flavor that fresh chives bring to the butter makes for a surprisingly easy way to jazz up myriad dishes.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chives, snipped finely
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- fleur de sel, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- After it’s mixed, roll butter into a log and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in the fridge to harden.
- Use this as a spread or, the next time you grill a steak, cut a 1/4-inch slice and place it over the top when the steak is warm. And that's it: Instant chive-butter sauce.