This citrus tofu salad recipe, courtesy of celebrated chef Kimmy Tang at Beverly Hills French-Vietnamese restaurant 9021PHO, is a perfect light, vegetarian lunch with tons of flavor. The dressing is great for any salad that could use a bright Asian twist, so make extra and keep it in the fridge for a week in case for salads, marinades or even a light dipping sauce.
- 1 box regular organic tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- a few handfuls mixed baby greens
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 10 mint leaves, thinly julienned
- 1/2 teaspoon black sesame
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- chili (optional)
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Add tofu cubes to a small pot of boiling water. Cook until tofu is completely hot.
- Transfer to a large bowl and toss with the cilantro, onion, mint and citrus dressing.
- In a large serving bowl, put the tofu on top of the mixed greens.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and serve.
Find more tofu recipes on Food Republic: