Bowls of hearty whole grains topped with healthful, delicious fare are a trend that will outlast any fad pastry or rainbow this-or-that. Join food stylist and recipe developer Anna Hampton as she explores the wide world of ancient strains, gluten-free options and other filling, fiber-rich grains that pair beautifully with fresh vegetables, home-fermented foods and lean proteins for a meal that looks as good as it tastes. First up, a labneh and roasted carrot bowl that will make you swoon for farro.
- 7 ounces cooked farro (3 1/2 ounces uncooked)
- 7 ounces carrots, roasted
- 2 bunches charred spring onions (scallions)
- 5 ounces labneh
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Small handful pistachios (optional)
For the bowl
Divide the farro, carrots, spring onions and labneh evenly between two bowls.
Season and drizzle with the oil.
Sprinkle the pistachios over the top, if desired.