Snow cones are associated with kids, ice cream trucks and summer. But this simple frozen treat gets an adult makeover with flavors from coffee to limoncello. Create a dessert bar loaded with flavored syrups, coffees and liquors and let your guests make their own frozen dessert.
Some of our favorite adult drizzles: Limoncello, Absinthe, Grand Marnier, Espresso, Frangelico and Pedro Ximenez Sherry.
- 6 cups ice
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 package unsweetened Kool- Aid, flavor of your choice
- Place the ice in a food processor and pulse until you have a very fine shaved ice.
- Scoop into small glass dishes or paper cones and top with your favorite drizzle.
For the Syrup:
- In a small pot combine the sugar, water and powdered juice packet.
- Heat on high, stirring until the sugar and powdered mix have dissolved.
- Cool before using.
- Place in a bottle fitted with a pour spout on your snow cone bar.