When it comes to dip recipes for your party fare, be they Spinach Artichoke Balls, Crunchy Coconut Shrimp or anything from our wing lineup, blue cheese is but a peon in the court of the ranch dressing king. Dramatic, but true (oh, and it’s also good on salad). Not chipotle ranch. Not “zesty ranch,” whatever that is (we find the straight-up kind to be plenty zesty). And definitely not reduced-fat ranch, although this recipe cuts the mayo with buttermilk and Greek yogurt to keep things thick and tangy.
While four or so cups of dressing may seem like a lot, the fresh, unbottled taste of homemade ranch will attract more trigger-happy food dippers than you may have anticipated. If there’s some leftover, it’ll keep in the fridge in a jar or bowl tightly covered with plastic wrap for up to a week.
- 1 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 cup mayonnaise, preferably homemade
- 1 cup cultured buttermilk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 heaping tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Mix the yogurt, mayonnaise, buttermilk and sour cream together in a large bowl.
- Stir in the garlic and onion powders and pepper, then add the salt, vinegar, lemon juice and parsley and stir until just combined.
- Cover and refrigerate until needed, up to a week.