The Blood Orange Margarita at Stephen Starr's El Vez (locations in both Philadelphia and New York City) is so popular that it has been on the menu now for 11 years and is the only frozen drink offered. Regulars have been known to order it and mix it with other margarita offerings. Perfect for providing relief on a sticky summer night, try pairing the cocktail with the restaurant's spicy guacamole, or the Snapper Aguachile with ginger, toasted morita chile and cucumber. Or, make one at home and enjoy while grilling out.
- 8 ounces La Pitaya blanco tequila
- 3 ounces Triple Sec
- 12 ounces blood orange puree
- 5 ounces orange juice
- 5 ounces cranberry juice
- 2 ounces fresh lime and lemon juice
- 2 1/2 ounces simple syrup
- 4 round lime slices, for garnish
- Add all ingredients to a blender filled with ice, add garnish at the end and serve immediately.
Try out these frozen drink recipes on Food Republic: