Malibu, California, isn’t just beautiful — it’s bountiful. Malibu Farm chef-owner Helene Henderson specializes in transforming California’s fresh, abundant produce into flavorful dishes that have earned her a spot on the SoCal favorite chefs list. Visit the restaurant and take in the breathtaking ocean and mountain views, or re-create Henderson’s recipes at home with her vibrant new cookbook.
- 1 small sprig fresh oregano leaves
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Splash of olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 basket of cherry tomatoes or 2 large tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 small cucumbers, cubed (I like to use Persian, but any cucumbers will do)
- 1 pound Feta cheese, cubed
- 1 bell pepper, any color, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup pitted olives
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
For the salad
Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a bowl.
Toss the chopped salad ingredients together in a separate bowl, add the quinoa, and pour the dressing on top. Be sure to taste for seasoning.
The salad is best if it sits out at room temperature for 30 minutes before being served.