We add this bacon to our scrambled egg roll with Vermont cheddar and slow-roasted tomatoes,but it’s just as delicious on a BLT or any place a smoky, sweet and wonderfully caffeinated slab of bacon is welcome!
Also see: Welcome To America Toby’s Estate Coffee
- 1/2 pound thick-cut nitrate-free bacon (approximately 6-8 slices)
- 1/4 cup Toby's Maple syrup (recipe below)
Toby’s Espresso-Maple Syrup
- 3 shots Bedford Espresso
- 1/2 cup pure Vermont Maple Syrup
- 6 whole cardamom pods
- Stir together the espresso and the syrup.
- Add the cardamom pods and let steep together in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the cardamom pods.
For the Bacon:
- Lay the bacon out on a sheet pan. Bake in a 350-degree oven, turning once until bacon is mostly crisp but not too dry.
- Remove from the pan. Brush 1⁄2 teaspoon of the Espresso - Maple syrup on each slice of bacon and let cool a bit before devouring.