We’re…can we even say it? We’re just nuts about Nut Butters, the all-spread cookbook from recipe blogger Mary Loudermilk. Once you’ve perused her impressive selection of delicious pulverized nuts, including almonds, hazelnuts, pecans and more, you’ll never open a store-bought jar of peanut butter again. Ready your sandwich bread, crackers, celery stalks — it’s chipotle honey almond butter time!
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus additional salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Process the nuts in your food processor for 10-15 minutes or until completely smooth, scraping down the sides of the processor bowl with a spatula as necessary.
- Add the chipotle powder and the salt, and process for another minute.
- Remove the mixture from the food processor and mix in the honey by hand.
- Add more salt as needed, to taste.
More world of nut butter on Food Republic: