We shy away from using clichés regarding the addictiveness of dishes here at Food Republic. We'd be rather surprised, however, if you didn't report back with something along the lines of, "It says it serves eight but it may as well have have said one" after putting together this buffalo chicken dip. Exceedingly simple to make and even easier to enjoy, the dip packs in just the right amount of heat and is an ideal creation for Super Bowl Sunday. Be warned that you may want to double everything, just in case.
- 3 cups cooked, diced chicken
- 1 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup scallions, finely chopped
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- celery sticks, tortilla chips or crackers and lime wedges, for serving
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- In a sauce pan, heat the hot sauce and stir in the cream cheese, 1 cup of shredded cheddar, shredded Monterey Jack and mayonnaise until smooth. Add garlic, diced celery and chopped scallions and stir until warm. Add the chicken.
- Put the mixture into a large, deep baking dish and top with the remaining shredded cheddar cheese and crumbled blue cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbling.
- Serve with lime wedges, assorted crudite and tortilla chips or crackers for dipping.
Try out these dips for the big game on Food Republic: