Esquire released this year’s Best Bars in America list today and on it you’ll find gems in food courts, top shelf shots, natural wines, pickled eggs and hip light fixtures as far as the eye can see.
Led by the magazine’s editors Jeff Gordinier and Kevin Sintumuang, the list travels through the country, but seems to concentrate on one corner of the United States. While Los Angeles and Minneapolis boast two spots each on the list, the South came up on top, with nearly half of list located below the Mason Dixon Line.
Check out the list below in alphabetical order by city, then take a listen to Gordinier speak to what it’s like to find America’s best establishments on an episode of Food Republic Today.
- Ticonderoga Club, Atlanta
- The World Famous, Athens, Georgia
- Nickel City, Austin
- The Elk Room, Baltimore
- The Living Room at the Dewberry, Charleston, South Carolina
- Prairie School, Chicago
- Manci’s Antique Club, Daphne, Alabama
- Sugar House, Detroit
- Ona, Lexington, Kentucky
- Bibo Ergo Sum, Los Angeles
- Old Lightning, Los Angeles
- The Anderson, Miami
- Marvel Bar, Minneapolis
- GYST Fermentation Bar, Minneapolis
- Bastion, Nashville
- Dante, New York City
- George Washington Bar, New York City
- Ordinaire, Oakland
- True Laurel, San Francisco
- The Diner Bar at the Grey, Savannah, Georgia
- Brothers and Sisters, Washington, D.C.