Tropical Storm Harvey brought overwhelming flooding and destruction to the Houston area this week. Restaurateurs and chefs all over the country are lending a helping hand to Harvey victims. In addition, childhood cancer research is on the minds of those behind Eleven Madison Park and Milk Bar.
- Operation BBQ Relief have landed in Houston to serve hot meals to those affected by the storm.
- Chef Mario Batali’s restaurants Del Posto, Pizzeria Mozza and Pizzeria Mozza Newport Beach are donating proceeds made from beef dishes to the Red Cross for the next month.
- Yesterday, Kettle Black in Los Angeles donated 15% of alcohol sales and all raffle sales to the Greater Houston Community Foundation.
- New York-based online market OurHarvest is donating 5% of sales to a Houston food bank through September 15.
- This Sunday, Milk Bar will guest at Eleven Madison Park’s seasonal outpost Summer House to dole out their popular sweets. All proceeds will benefit Cookies for Kids’ Cancer and childhood cancer research.
- Shake Shack and Philadelphia’s Pizzeria Vetri team up for 10 days of collaboration starting today. The pizzeria will serve as the temporary home to the SmokeShack Rotolo, a play off the burger chain’s bacon-laced sandwich by the same name, while Shake Shack will dish up a Chick’n Parm. The specials are available at D.C. and Philadelphia locations until September 10.