We learned so many things during Food Republic's inaugural Macaroni and Cheese Week, but even after all the lessons below, the big takeaway was this: we freaking love macaroni and cheese. We love it. It's great, it's one of the best sides (or mains) there is and we'll never cease our quest to find the very best skillets, casseroles and stovetop pots of the good stuff as long as both macaroni and cheese continue to exist.
Peruse these useful nuggets and decide which one you'll be contributing to Thanksgiving now, so nobody calls macaroni and cheese first and then brings a sad tray of something that could have been avoided.
- Coconut milk does have a place in macaroni and cheese, just not as a substitute for dairy.
- You can easily customize your beer selection to your mac and cheese's "extras," like lobster.
- Macaroni and cheese can be a substitute for pizza if you know what you're doing.
- Everyone loves Instagramming mac and cheese. Keep it up.
- You don't have to get fancy to sell truckloads of everyone's favorite comfort food.
- Some people think it's okay to put Miracle Whip in macaroni and cheese. Thoughts?
- There are reasons your fried mac and cheese sucks. We can help with every single one.
- You literally have no excuse for not creating the macaroni and cheese of your dreams.
- While famous for such things as kale, Los Angeles has an impressive mac and cheese scene.
- With a few appropriate tweaks, macaroni and cheese becomes a juicy steak's BFF.
Even more mac and cheese on Food Republic: