Break out the braisers, it's time for slow-cooked sausage soup and a delicious twist on coq au vin and let's all give a standing ovation for the return of meatloaf season. Know what's great with meatloaf? Scallion fries, which are of course the new onion rings. Speaking of new ways to spin something you've had before, butternut squash soup, that perennial darling of the seasonal menu, is vastly improved with bourbon, apples and roasted kale.
And speaking of something you've never had before, make vegan rice pudding and it's possible you'll never go back to the dairy version again. It's also possible that you will. Enjoy this week's new recipes.
- Waffled Hash Browns with Rosemary
- Bourbon Apple Butternut Soup with Roasted Kale
- Crispy Crunchy Asian Mashup Salad
- Beer Battered Scallion Fries
- Pat LaFrieda's Four-Meat Meatloaf
- Coq Au Riesling
- Slow-Cooker Southern Black-Eyed Pea Soup
- Wild Rice with Bacon and Fennel
- Vegan Saffron-Almond Rice Pudding