It’s time, everybody, it’s time! The Super Bowl is this Sunday, so print out this list (like, today) bring it to the supermarket (again, today, tomorrow at the latest) and earn yourself MVP of “not making anyone go out in the cold to get more ice/avocados/chips.” That’s how you miss the best commercials.
General produce, but really guacamole ingredients and burger/dog toppings
- Tomatillos, for those enchiladas verdes
- Jalapeños (lots of them if you’re making poppers)
- Bell peppers
- Ground beef/chicken/turkey for chili, meatballs and sloppy dogs
- Chicken breast for nuggets, sliders and popcorn chicken
- Wings for wings, because wings.
- Bratwursts and/or other sausages for victory dogs/loaded pasta bakes
- Bacon, for everything
…and cheeses. And other dairy, since you’re in that aisle.
- Sharp cheddar for porky melts
- Jack for nachos
- Provolone for meatball sliders
- Sour cream
- Cream cheese
Things in a can
Salty snacky stuff, other carbs
Things in a bottle, non-booze department
- Hot sauce
- Barbecue sauce
Booze, beer and booze
- Whiskey for Gold Rushes
- These spectacular local New York City beers
- These convenient tailgating cans
You may want to take two cars.
More Super Bowl necessities on Food Republic: