Nothing like a good food humor Tumblr to make it 4:30 all of a sudden, eh? A friend forwarded me Old People Writing On A Restaurant’s Facebook Page this morning, and I’ve been peeking in horror every couple of hours since.
We all have that relative or maybe even (gulp) parent who decided “awh what the heck, let’s see what this Facebook thing is about,” and will only ever bombard us with friend requests, friend requests from pages they set up for their corgis and parakeets, game requests from “Parcheesi Attack!” AND WRITING IN ALL CAPS. These people must be humored, be nice and friend them back, knowing they’ll never find the Tumblr you set up to expose their crotchety old criticism and weird praise.
Let’s skip to some of the highlights:
- “You don’t celebrate Memorial Day, you honor it. I hope the idiot that writes these posts doesn’t speak for the ownership!”
- “Olive Garden is Good for Health.”
- “I don’t know how this keeps popping up on my face page. I HATE APPLEBEES!!!!!”
- “Phil Mickelson”
- “For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters cover the seas. Habakkuk 2:14” (I don’t remember that one. Also worth it to mention this was written on Waffle’s House’s page).
- “Great place to eat! It could have more lights, but still a great place!”
- “Why do we as a society keep letting those with money and power walk all over the weakest of our society?”
- “Hi all.”
More websites we love on Food Republic: