We hope Friday’s party food menu was helpful. And while we may have been right about the chicken lettuce wraps (gone, instantly), somehow we’ve still got all this leftover food. The good news is, Monday’s lunch is where it’s going. Here are a few of our ideas for recycling these tasty morsels.
- Spicy Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms — Chop these babies up and toss them with olive oil, pasta and a little Parmesan cheese for a satisfying lunch that basically appeared out of thin air.
- Easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps — If there are any leftovers (can’t emphasize that enough), whip up a batch of rice, top it with the chopped chicken and bring it with you.
- Lobster Guacamole — Slather this green gold on a wrap before you roll up sliced turkey and veggies. Things you can’t get in a restaurant: Turkey wrap with lobster guac.
- Plum Sauced Chicken Wings — Pull the meat off the remaining wings, shred slightly and mix with a dollop of Greek yogurt and chopped cucumbers for an Asian-fusion chicken salad sandwich.
- Mini Roasted Vegetable Burritos — These both travel and reheat very nicely by themselves. Go for it.
You just put that whatever-in-a-styrofoam-container to shame.