Here at Food Republic, we believe as we have since we realized in elementary school that Friday meant pizza (albeit soggy and gross), that Friday means pizza. Now let's make sense of this through some simple word association. Friday, to many, also means partying. Partying and pizza go together, or why else would there be "pizza parties?" So let's combine all these great things into one heartfelt Pizza of the Week roundup, and celebrate Friday by partying on top of the perfect pizza padding, shall we?
The Best of Food Republic's Pizza of the Week
- Rosa Pizza at Pizzeria Bianco – A Phoenix pizza that's literally nuts
- Sally's Apizza – New Haven's iconic and unfriendly pizza
- Mellow Mushroom Mega-Veggie Pizza – Counteract the meat sweats
- Hot Lips Pizza – Portland pizza that's both green and good
- Romana Benicci – Wood-fired pizza, served by the meter
We value your encyclopedic knowledge of world food culture — got any suggestions for next week's pizza? Let us know in the comments.
More on pizza from Food Republic: