We’re crazy for Bastille Day, regardless of how many of us know exactly what we’re celebrating. Beyond the storming of the Bastille and pardoning of parking tickets, we’re mainly concerned with making sure you know certain French essentials that will serve you well in all manners of life. Can you make a croque monsieur? Do you know why champagne is or isn’t drunk out of a flute? And WHAT is this gastrique thing everyone on Top Chef keeps talking about? The answers to these questions and more, today on Le Food Republic.
- French Dip
- Tacos in Paris?
- 100 French Food/Drink Words and Phrases
- 5 Southern French Wines
- French Wine 101
- Weird or Good: Escargot
- Asking Stupid Questions About Champagne
- Mother Tongues and Other Tongues
- 5 French Cheeses To Try Right Now
- Can Paris Become a Beer Hot Spot?
French words to know:
Bastille Day recipes and cocktails: