When the warm weather rears its delightful head, we hit the patio, backyard, beach or other friendly outdoor day-drinking spot to celebrate. Sometimes you have a cocktail that hits the spot so hard you have another. Then another. Hey, there’s vegetables in it, it’s fine — it’s the Garden Daiquiri from Marc Forgione’s TriBeCa steakhouse, American Cut. With red bell pepper, lemon, arugula, caraway-seed-infused rum and crunchy, flaky sea salt, it’s the salad you were going to eat made infinitely better.
You’ll need a juicer for the veggies, but then again, you’ll always need a juice for veggies.
- 2 ounces caraway-infused silver rum (see note)
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1 ounce red bell pepper juice, juiced with a small handful of fresh arugula
- Maldon sea salt, to garnish
- Add ingredients to cocktail shaker and shake well with ice.
- Strain into a coupe glass garnished with a half-rim of Maldon sea salt.
*To make a batch of caraway-infused rum, add 5 parts rum to 1 part caraway seeds and let sit for at least a week.
More vegetable-friendly cocktails on Food Republic: