This cocktail was developed to represent the ’60s mod era. I took my inspiration from the Sloe Gin Fizz, a cocktail popular in the ’60s. The name, The Long Pink Cadillac, references its reddish pink color. It’s refreshing, light, delicious, very drinkable and pretty sexy.
- 1 1/2 ounces Plymouth sloe gin
- 1/2 ounce St. Germain
- 1 ounce fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce Averna Amaro
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- ginger beer
- Combine all ingredients except ginger beer in a shaker.
- Shake vigorously and pour over ice in a hi-ball glass.
- Fill balance of glass with ginger beer and stir.