With stone fruit season at its height in August, there is no better time to make these easy, light scrambled egg tacos with peach salsa for breakfast. The peach and heirloom tomato salsa is sweet and fragrant with a subtle kick from the vinegar and jalapeño. Pairing fruit with egg might seem like a go-to combo, but the two flavors really play off each other well, and add a nice summery touch. Be sure to keep extra hot sauce around and top the tacos with a lime wedge. We used hard shell corn tortillas, but feel free to use soft tortillas if you prefer.
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 ear corn, husked and grilled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 ripe peaches, pitted and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large heirloom tomatoes, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (or your favorite hot sauce)
- 4 corn tortilla (soft or hard)
For the salsa:
- Husk and grill the corn, preferably on an outdoor grill, but a grill pan works too. Turn occasionally until you get a nice, even char and corn is cooked through.
- Once the corn becomes cool enough to handle, cut the kernels from the cob starting from the top, then set aside.
- Make the salsa by combining the grilled corn with the rest of the salsa ingredients in a bowl and toss well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
For the scrambled eggs:
- Beat five eggs with two tablespoons of milk in a medium bowl and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the butter to a medium-sized frying pan over medium heat. Scramble the egg mixture in the pan: Gently pull the eggs across the pan with a spatula, forming large soft curds. Once the eggs are cooked, remove from heat.
- Stuff a tortilla with scrambled eggs, then add few avocado slices and top with salsa. Serve with a lime wedge and hot sauce.
Try out these breakfast tacos recipes on Food Republic:
- Paul Qui's Breakfast Taco Recipe
- Fried Egg Taco With Avocado And Chipotle Black Beans Recipe
- The Wrangler Breakfast Taco Recipe
This has been presented by our friends at Starbucks.