At the opening gala of the Manhattan Cocktail Classic tonight, bartender extrarordinaire Ryan McGrail, who can normally be found at NYC cocktail hotspot Flatiron Lounge, will be mixing up some Spicy French Pear cocktails. This drink blends Pierre Ferrand Cognac Ambre (which has vanilla notes) and Mathilde Liqueur Poire (which is redolent of ripe pears), then spices things up with a few dashes of Tabasco.
- 1 1/2 ounces , Pierre Ferrand Ambre Cognac
- 1 ounce Mathilde Liqueur Poire
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 ounces simple syrup
- 2 dashes Tabasco
- Shake, strain, and pour into a cocktail glass
- Garnish with a lemon peel