So you love popcorn, do you? Do you really love popcorn? 75 recipes’ worth of it? Then you’re going to want a copy of Party Popcorn, dessert blogger Ashton Epps Swank’s new cookbook. Whether you’re going for savory or sweet (or that perfect spot right in between) there’s something for movie night in this book you’re going to love.
I credit my husband and brother with the inspiration for this recipe. They both have ties to Mexican culture and love to eat corn on the cob smeared with mayonnaise and a paprika seasoning. I’ll skip the mayo on my corn on the cob and take this popcorn twist on the Mexican street food instead. The lime in this popcorn really adds a fabulous dimension of flavor, and the cayenne pepper gives it the perfect kick.
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Pour the popcorn into a large bowl and remove any unpopped kernels.
- Whisk together the butter, mayonnaise and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Drizzle over the popcorn and gently toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, paprika, sugar and cayenne pepper.
- Sprinkle over the popcorn and gently toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
Find more popcorn on Food Republic: