South Williamsburg cocktail parlor Donna is one of our favorite New York City bars — effortlessly cool with a menu of creative drinks that hits you in the right place. James Murphy has been known to spin there and Brooklyn Taco tends to pop up as well. We can handle that combination. Yes, sir. But onto the drink! This play on the classic piña colada punches you in the face with a nice amount of Branca Menta (a close cousin to Fernet Branca) with the usual juice suspects in the mix. It's great for your backyard patio bash.
- 4 ounces Appleton V/X rum
- 4 ounces Branca Menta
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 ounce orange juice
- 3 ounces Coconut Cream (3 parts Coco Lopez to 1 part Coconut Milk)
- In a blender add the rum, Branca Menta, pineapple/orange juices and coconut cream.
- Fill with a cup of ice and blend well.
- Serve each drink with a mint sprig and orange wedge.
More Frozen Drinks Week on Food Republic: