We’re all about brunch drinks — we’ll even drink our veggies. Rather than the old standby of tomato juice and vodka this weekend, we’re switching the vegetable and the booze and really turning things on their heads.
We discovered the Broadway’s Alibi a couple of weekends ago at Forty Four at the Royalton Hotel — a bar and lounge that never fails to disappoint. Their mixologists concocted this cocktail to celebrate Cinco de Mayo/Kentucky Derby, but after one sip it was clear that carrot juice, silver tequila and a hint of citrus makes for an instant new brunch classic. Add this one to your arsenal, and enjoy your health-conscious Sunday. Aren’t you glad you broke out the juicer?
- 1 ounce carrot juice
- 1/2 ounce agave nectar
- 1/2 ounce grapefruit juice
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1 1/2 ounces silver tequila
- sprig of carrot greens, to garnish (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker filled with ice and shake well.
- Strain into a rocks glass with new ice.
- Garnish with a sprig of carrot greens.