This week’s slew of events includes fun and delicious events that just happen to support excellent causes. From bolstering local firefighters in Napa Valley to building communities through breakfast in New York, there’s an event here for every food-lover.
- Pondicheri in New York’s monthly Community Breakfast program will be donating proceeds to SAKHI for South Asian Women, an organization dedicated to helping domestic violence survivors. Every second Friday from 8 a.m. to noon, Pondicheri donates half the proceeds earned during breakfast service to different community organizations.
- Tonight in Hudson, NY, Fish & Game is hosting a collaboration dinner with pastry chef Will Goldfarb. F&G’s Zak Pelaccio will serve three savory courses while Goldfarb completes the meal with three dessert courses. Reservations can be made F&G’s website and on Resy.
- The Calistoga Food and Wine Event is underway with dinners, tastings and cooking classes galore. Until Saturday, attendees will get to taste local wines and bites with ticket proceeds benefiting to the Calistoga Fire Association. Check out the schedule of events in Napa Valley here.
- Brooklyn dine-in movie theater Nitehawk is serving Amigo de la Compasión cocktails made with rum, Giffard Banane, lime and orgeat, at screenings of Fuerza Puerto Rico on Tuesday, May 15. All proceeds from cocktail sales will be donated to Apoyo Empresarial Peninsula Comunidad de Cantera for post-hurricane relief efforts.
- Passes for Big Apple Barbecue on June 9-10 are now available. This year’s lineup includes James Beard Award winner Rodney Scott (Charleston), Jocelyn Guest and Erika Nakamura (New York), Chris Lilly (Alabama), Pat Martin (Nashville) and more. The weekend will also be packed with live musical acts, and an exclusive summer ice cream flavor from Ample Hills.