It’s National Meatball Day! From meatball-eating contests to charity meatballs, it’s a day we can all agree makes the world go round. We also have a couple of non-meatball related events below.
- Carmine’s is celebrating National Meatball Day with $1 meatballs at its NYC, Atlantic City, Washington D.C. and Las Vegas locations. Proceeds from the day will go to The New York Common Pantry, Atlantic City Rescue Mission, D.C. Central Kitchen and Three Square Food Bank.
- Manhattan’s Meatball Shop is also celebrating the food holiday by driving up and down the island in Daniel’s Chicken Bus and distributing free meatballs. All locations of the Shop are also holding a meatball eating contest all day long. Teams of two are challenged to devour 25 meatballs in under 10 minutes to win a $50 gift card to the Meatball Shop. The grand prize for fastest meatball eaters across all locations will get a catered night on Daniel’s Chicken Bus.
- Merakia in New York will be doling out free shots of 0uzo, an anise-flavored aperitif, with every order of Katerina’s Keftedes on National Meatball Day.
- Over in Brooklyn’s Prospect Heights, MeMe’s Diner is hosting Women Who Tiki as part of its Queer Industry Night series. Bartenders Shannon Mustipher (Glady’s) and Dani DeLuna (Cane Club Collective) will be taking over the bar and slinging tropical drinks on Monday, March 12 from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. Proceeds from the bar will be donated to the Ali Forney Center, an organization dedicated to supporting LGBTQ youth.
- Pi Day, March 14, falls on Wednesday. Brooklyn pie shop, Four & Twenty Blackbirds is offering three slices for $14 ant all of their shops.