The chicest picnic to grace the earth, Dîner en Blanc, is celebrating its 30th anniversary with its largest event yet. Meanwhile in Los Angeles, the Food Book Fair and Food Fare are ramping up for action. If you find yourself in Las Vegas, head over to China Poblano to celebrate the Year of the Dog. What we’re trying to say is book that culinary vacation now!
- José Andres’ China Poblano at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas is celebrating Lunar New Year starting today with a celebratory menu featuring dishes like lucky lamb skewers, Shunde raw fish with fried mung bean noodles, Happy Family dumplings and more. The menu is available until March 2.
- Bolivian chef Marsia Taha is taking over the kitchens of Agern and Norman in New York on February 20. For one night Taha is collaborating with Agern’s Gunnar Gislason on a five-course menu highlighting native Bolivian cuisine. Tickets at Norman’s event are available here while Agern is taking reservations.
- Planned Parenthood Los Angeles’ annual Food Fare opens its doors on March 1 at the Santa Monica Barker Hanger. Over 150 of LA’s greatest restaurants, wineries, breweries and more will be dishing out drinks and food to raise funds for PPLA. Proceeds from the event will benefit the local chapter of Planned Parenthood. Tickets can be found here.
- Food Book Fair is hauling across the country from New York to set up shop in Los Angeles in two weeks! Music/food podcast Snacky Tunes will be there to kick things off. Panel topics include Californian cuisine with chef Jeremy Fox, health and wellness, Asian-American cuisine, food media and more. Tickets are now available.
- The global dinner party where the only dress code is white is celebrating its 30th anniversary with a bang. Dîner en Blanc de Paris will be opening the picnic party to people from all over the world for the very first time. Since the first Dîner en Blanc in Paris, the event had only been open to family and friends of friends. Attendees had to have heard of the event from a previous attendee. The party’s estimated to welcome up to 30,000 guests. If you’re new to the party, the waiting list is now open.