Be sure to subscribe to Food Republic Today on Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Winner of this year’s James Beard Outstanding Chef award, Michael Solomonov of Zahav in Philadelphia visits our podcast studio with his partner Steven Cook. The two discuss their latest book, named after their indulgent fried chicken and doughnut shop, Federal Donuts. The part-comic-book-part-cookbook features recipes from the restaurant, fan art and something about a donut robot. The CookNSolo duo also discuss the other restaurants in their group, such as Zahav and Goldie, and their commitment to Philadelphia. We wrap up with Bad Yelp Reviews of Good Restaurants. But first, the news:
- Four women have accused Johnny Iuzzini of Jean-George and Top Chef fame of sexual misconduct.
- Chipotle’s founder Steve Ells is stepping down as CEO and will continue as the executive chairman.
- SodaStream released a device in Germany called Sparkling Gold that will turn tap water into sparkling wine.
- Four Former Employees Accuse Celebrity Chef Johnny Iuzzini Of Sexual Harassment And Abuse
- Watch Michael Solomonov Make Brussels Sprouts Two Ways (Recipe Included)
Food Republic Today is hosted by our Editorial Director, Richard Martin, with co-host Krista Ruane, Zero Point Zero culinary creative director, and produced by Zero Point Zero Production. Katie Guhl is our producer. The episode features music by Ghostly International artists including Michna, whose “Metal Baile Joint” is the theme song.