It’s all about charity this week. All month long, Frederick Hotel and Serafina Restaurant are pooling funds for Movember. Over the weekend, Tilit is hosting a tattooing event in New York to raise money for the Immigrant Defense Project, while the Fat Radish gets ready for its UndocuFund charity dinner for the northern California wildfires. Next week brings a truffle auction held by Eataly and sumo matches.
- All “Movember,” Frederick Hotel in Tribeca is partnering with Serafina Restaurant in serving a cocktail dedicated men’s health. Frederick’s “Moustache” features Johnny Walker Black, Busnel Calvados, D.O.M. Benedictine and green Chartreuse. A portion of cocktail sales will be donated to the Movember Foundation.
- Apron brand Tilit is hosting a food tattoo flash sale on Sunday, benefitting the Immigrant Defense Project. Brooklyn’s Gnostic Tattoo will be inking, while Mimi Cheng’s will dishing out dumplings. All of the proceeds from tattoos and swag purchases will go directly to IDP. Find more details here.
- Next Tuesday, The Fat Radish in New York is hosting the UndocuFund dinner to help raise funds for those affected by the Sonoma County wildfires. The four course meal will run $110 per person. Make a reservation here.
- Truffle season is here and Eataly is auctioning the fungi off in the name of charity on November 15. The auction will be held in New York, Boston and Chicago. Post-auction, dinner will be served at Eataly’s Flatiron location in New York. Proceeds will go to help International Relief Teams.
- Sumo Stew comes back to Brooklyn for the 17th time on November 15. Hosted at the Brooklyn Brewery, sumo matches will be livestreamed from Japan. Guests can expect a taste of chankonabe, or sumo stew, as well as a special bento box made by local chefs. Mochi, sochu and other Japanese treats will also be available. Tickets can be found here. A portion of sales will go to the Japan Society.