Welcome to Collaboration City! In Portland, partnerships between Stumptown Coffee Roasters and local breweries will produce coffee-inspired brews to be showcased at the upcoming Coffee Loves Beer festival. Over in New York, Japanese steak house Salt + Charcoal is teaming up with the raw fish masters at Sushi Nakazawa for one night to serve an omakase dinner worth dreaming about. Williams-Sonoma also enlisted some well-known names to design spatulas in the name of doing good.
- Salvation Taco in New York City and Panorama Mezcal are hosting a mezcal night on Sunday, August 20 complete with 15 brands, seminars dedicated to sustainability and pairings with snacks. Tickets are available here and sales will go to benefit El Rosario A.C. Library in Oaxaca, Mexico.
- Williamsburg’s Salt + Charcoal will be collaborating with chef Daisuke Nakazawa of Sushi Nakazawa also on Sunday. Reservations for the $150 omakase dinner can be made on OpenTable. More information here.
- Coffee and beer lovers rejoice! The Coffee Loves Beer festival hits Portland, Oregon on Saturday September 16 and tickets are on sale now. Stumptown Coffee Roasters are teaming up with coffee blog Sprudge and a slew of local breweries to create some extra-special brews.
- Tickets for Joy of Sake in NYC are now available. Nearly 400 sakes will be poured and paired with dishes from INSA, Ivan Ramen, Momofuku Ssam Bar, En Japanese Brasserie and more on Wednesday, September 27.
- Williams-Sonoma is selling celebrity-designed rubber spatulas and donating a third of sales from the tool to No Kid Hungry. Designs feature art from noted food enthusiasts Questlove, Alton Brown, Jeff Bridges, Kristen Bell and more. Williams-Sonoma will also gift an additional $5,000 on behalf of the first spatula to sell out.