Pig Island went down on Saturday afternoon at New York’s Governors Island. We’re big fans of this event, which pulls together 30+ chefs from around the Northeast and provides them with a whole heritage hog to cook with. Our friends at Metromix were on the scene with a report and photos.
Also, we reached out to organizer Jimmy Carbone (of Jimmy’s No. 43 ) to ask him for his five favorite dishes from the event:
- Trio of pig sandwich, bone soup and bacon flan for dessert! Top prize!!
- Thai bone soup from Duck’s Eatery
- Danish smorrebrod from Neuman Catering
- Pig head tacos with made-to-order tortillas from Palo Santo
- Pork pie from Delicatessen