Be sure to subscribe to Food Republic Today on Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. And please rate the podcast and leave comments!
Subscribe: Apple | Stitcher | Spotify | TuneIn
Drake Sutton-Shearer is the co-founder of PRØHBTD Media, a company dedicated to creating content in the cannabis world. We chat with him on this episode about the virtues of cooking and drinking with legalized marijuana. We wrap up with comedian Alex Hooper offering tips for traveling with extreme food allergies. But first, the news:
- Beyoncé announced that she’s going vegan. Her fans have followed suit.
- Merriam-Webster added a slew of culinary terms to its dictionary.
- Instant Pots have been recalled due to a malfunction that can be a fire hazard.
- Vice Munchies got itself into hot water when it shared a story from 2014 claiming that Brooklyn barbecue was taking over the world.
- Buzzfeed is launching a line of Tasty-branded cookware at Walmart.
- The Infatuation Set To Acquire Zagat From Google
- Merriam-Webster Just Added These Food Words To The Dictionary
- 60 Greek Food/Drink Words And Phrases
- 100 French Food/Drink Words And Phrases
- 100 Chinese Food/Drink Words And Phrases
- 100 Italian Food/Drink Words And Phrases
- 64 Portuguese Food/Drink Words And Phrases
- Walmart Is Introducing Prepared Meals And Its Own Blue Apron-Like Kits Amid Grocery Wars With Amazon
- Over 100,000 Instant Pot Multicookers Were Just Recalled—Here’s What You Need To Know
- Beyoncé May Be Going Vegan Ahead Of Coachella, But You Don’t Have To
- Here’s The Barbecue Tweet That Broke Twitter
- BuzzFeed Has A New Business Model, So It’s Selling Its Own Line Of Kitchen Tools At Walmart
Food Republic Today is hosted by our Editorial Director, Richard Martin, with co-host Krista Ruane, Zero Point Zero culinary creative director, and produced by Zero Point Zero Production. Our producer is Katie Guhl with assistance from Tiffany Do and additional editing by Manuel Sander. The episode features music by Ghostly International artists including Michna, whose “Metal Baile Joint” is the theme song.