And now to introduce a roast that needs no introduction.
What can’t you do with a huge slab of roast beef? We’ll tell you what you can do:
- Make these incredible two-bite roast beef sliders
- Make this incredible 500-bite Dagwood sandwich
- Intimidate a roast chicken
- Make Red Flannel Hash for breakfast the next day. And the next. And the next. Really great with a poached egg.
But before you start planning all the amazing leftovers, get your roast on, slice it up (it’s leaps and bounds easier than finding the joints in turkey wings) and serve it with just about any side dish you (or we) can dream up.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A large sirloin roast (plan on 1/2 pound per person)
- Butcher’s twine
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- A large, heavy-bottomed pot or skillet
- Olive oil
- A roasting pan
- A meat thermometer