Be sure to subscribe to Food Republic Today on Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. And please rate the podcast and leave comments!
Chez Panisse alum David Lebovitz moved to Paris in the late 1990s and never looked back. He wrote an early account of his life as an expat pastry chef living amidst the patisseries in The Sweet Life in Paris, and went on to write a host of cookbooks while maintaining a popular blog. He’s been remarkably successful in Paris—so successful that he purchased an apartment and proceeded to do a gut renovation. Which then turned his life into a tragicomedy. During a recent visit to NYC, he dropped by to discuss the resultant book, the witty and highly enjoyable L’Appart: The Delights and Disasters of Making My Paris Home. In Post Bites, we have the host of Cash Cab, Ben Bailey share a friend’s one rule of thumb for ordering at diners. But first, the news:
- Chef Mario Batali has been accused by four women of sexual misconduct. He’s since taken leave from his hospitality group and from ABC’s The Chew.
- A British supermarket chain is now selling a special breed of avocados that are pitless.
- David Lebovitz Says Eating In Paris Has Become Fun Again
- Mario Batali’s Restaurant Group Releases Statement About His “Stepping Away”
- Mario Batali Steps Away From Restaurant Empire Following Sexual Misconduct Allegations
- Avocado Injuries A Thing Of The Past?
Food Republic Today is hosted by our Editorial Director, Richard Martin, with co-host Krista Ruane, Zero Point Zero culinary creative director, and produced by Zero Point Zero Production. Katie Guhl is our producer. The episode features music by Ghostly International artists including Michna, whose “Metal Baile Joint” is the theme song.