It’s been amazing to see the collective hurricane relief effort our families, colleagues and friends have put in over the past week or so. Whether it’s donating food, blankets or simply time, kudos to all. Let’s crack open an ice-cold can of water to celebrate, courtesy of Anheuser-Busch. They’ve been donating cases of canned water for disaster relief since 1906, 70 million cans in the last 25 years alone.
So naturally, the message board on Beer Advocate is all over the “light beer” jokes like frat boys on light beer. These chuckle-worthy jabs were interspersed with good points, like “I would much rather buy water in cans vs. bottles because I could just crush them and recycle them without taking up a bunch of space,” and “I bet if smaller craft breweries could afford to do the same thing, they would. AB obviously can afford to donate that much water, cans and time, so that is really cool of them.”
- Has anybody tasted it yet? If so, how does it compare to their other products?
- When are they going to come out with Water Light?
- When are they going to come out with Water Platinum?
- Is the canned water beechwood-aged?
- This doesn’t impress me. Put it in a cork and caged 750ml bottle though, and now you’re talking.
- Hey guys. I’ve actually got this on tap in my kitchen right now. It’s pretty solid.
And my personal favorite: “Love em or hate em, nobody should have anything negative to say about AB on this particular topic.”
More worthy causes on Food Republic: