At Bar Bambino this mint, lemon and toasted paprika flake–infused extra virgin olive oil is used to dress thinly sliced octopus. The paprika we procure is from Kalocsa, Hungary. It is hung from homes along the Danube river and air-dried by the river’s natural breezes.
- 1/4 cup paprika flakes
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, finely sliced
- sea salt
- In a frying pan, toast paprika flakes over medium heat to release aroma — about 2 minutes.
- Cover with extra virgin olive oil and return to a simmer. Turn off heat and let cool. This will allow the paprika to steep and infuse the extra virgin olive oil.
- Once cool, add the lemon zest, lemon juice and salt to taste. Whisk vigorously to combine.
- Gently stir in mint leaves and drizzle over your favorite salad.