This twist on the Negroni swaps out the gin for Cognac. The 106-proof spirit from France ensures that its flavors come through, even when mixed in a cocktail. Of course, the warmth of the Cognac makes this a comforting drink during the chillier months. Read more about the history of the Negroni
- 1 oz Campari
- 1 oz Louis Royer VSOP Force 53 Cognac
- 1 oz Punt e Mes
- 1 bar spoon St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram
- orange peel twist, to garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass half-filled with ice.
- Stir until ingredients are cold, about 30 seconds.
- Strain into a cocktail glass, coupe or into a rocks glass over a single large cube of ice. Garnish with Orange Peel Twist.